Senior Construction Project Manager k-12 Market Sector
|Job Description / Primary Objective
Employee-owned Kitchell is seeking a Senior Project Manager in the LA County region with experience in the DSA specific k-12 education market sector. The position provides the planning, coordination and direction for construction management activities. Duties includes ensuring the project is on budget, schedule, and the design fits the requirements for the contract. This is a client facing positions with direct reports at the project site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures project operations are executed in accordance with company project management procedures and policies
• Participates in preparation and negotiation of owner contracts and ensures delivery and adherence to contractual requirements and that all aspects of owner contracts are accomplished
• Prepares project budget, maintains cost control information, identifies cost impacts and provides recommendations for cost control
• Prepares master project schedule, ensures preparation of construction schedule, assesses any delays and enforces schedule conformance
• Organizes and directs pre-construction activities
• Oversees and evaluates pre-construction and construction progress and team performance to ensure conformance with schedule, budget and contractual requirements
• Implements and maintains effective systems of communication within and outside the project to ensure constructive relationships and the adequate flow of information
• Manages project job costs in accordance with Kitchell budget, updates forecasting schedule and processes billings to ensure profit objectives are achieved
• Oversees orderly project closeout efforts, organization of project documentation and coordination of warranty work
• Identifies and manages risk on the project, and advises and confers with regional executive prior to implementing risk mitigation actions
• Actively participates on internal teams that focus on continuous improvement of the company
• Ensures workplace health and safety policies and procedures are clearly communicated and understood by direct reports and enforces rules fairly and uniformly
• Manages the staffing and compensation of direct reports in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
|Requirements (Education, Level of Experience, etc.)
|| EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required
• 10 years of progressive and position related work experience in project and construction management with at least 2 years related work experience managing two or more employees is required
• Experience in the Education/Division of State Architect (DSA) market sector in California is required
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential is required
• LEED Professional Accreditation is strongly preferred
• Design Build Institute of America (DBIA) credential is preferred
• Well-versed in all delivery methods from Design-Build, traditional Design-bid-build, CM multi-prime, and integrated project delivery methods is strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Effective presentation skills and the ability to develop and deliver presentations to the end users, stakeholders, and the board of education as required
• Strong Proficiency with the Microsoft Project Suite of tools is required
• User knowledge of Primavera P6 and scheduling databases (Prolog, eBuilder, or Procore) software is preferred
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the advanced ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships is required
• Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to a project team is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowner’s insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
|Link to Job / Company Website
|Contact Information for Applicant
Bill Moran, firstname.lastname@example.org - 323-395-4148