Apply today! Join the U.S. Forest Service and be a part of an organization that is committed to caring for the land and serving people.
The Forest Service is hiring students and recent graduates. Jobs are available in a variety of exciting and rewarding occupations such as natural resources, social sciences, botany, and ecology.
The following positions will be open on USAJOBS.govApril 10–20, 2023.
- Student Trainee (Natural Resources) GS-0499-03/04/05 with promotion potential up to GS-09
- Student Trainee (Administrative and Office Support) GS-0399-03/04 with promotion potential up to GS-09
- Social Scientist/Natural Resources Specialist GS-0101/0401-07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Natural Resources Specialist GS-0401-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Botanist GS-0430-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Ecologist GS-0408-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Realty Specialist GS-1170-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Budget Analyst GS-0560-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Administrative Assistant GS-0303-04/05 with promotion potential to GS-07
- Resource Assistant GS-1101-05 with promotion potential to GS-07
- Information Technology Specialist GS-2210-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-11
- Contracting Specialist GS-1102-07 with promotion potential to GS-11
Review the job announcement carefully for required information to include in your application. Employment start dates vary.
The Forest Service will be attending the 37the annual Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences conference April 12–16, 2023. You do not need to attend the conference to apply.
The Forest Service is hosting webinars to help you through the application process. Join us and get answers to your questions.
Note: You may be prompted to download the free Microsoft Teams application. All webinars will be available to watch on-demand after the date and time listed.
- “Tips for Job Seekers” – Wednesday, March 29, 3-4 p.m. Mountain Time
- “How to Write a Federal Resume” – Wednesday, April 5, 3-4 p.m. Mountain Time
- “Navigating USAJOBS” – Wednesday, April 12, 3–4 p.m. Mountain Time, sign-up on Eventbrite: Navigating USAJOBS 4/12
- “Hiring Eligibility and Qualifications” –Wednesday, April 19, February 22, 3–4 p.m. Mountain Time, sign-up on Eventbrite: Eligibilities & Qualifications 4/29
Visit the Forest Service Jobs webpage, fs.usda.gov/jobs, to learn more about career opportunities, benefits, hiring events, and resources to help with the application process.
We look forward to working with you.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.